Friday, July 22, 2011

Find Money You Didn't Know About

Many Canadians have opened bank accounts and then have either forgotten about the accounts or left them there to grow interest thus causing the accounts to become dormant from inactivity. It's possible some of the unclaimed balances are from estates where the accounts were unknown. Once an account has been left for a period of time, the money is shipped off The Bank of Canada as an Unclaimed Balance

There's a time limit though of 40 years from the first day of inactivity. The bank where you opened your account will hold the inactive account for 10 years, at which time it is turned over to the Bank of Canada for custody for another 30 years.

It's so easy to see if you have some money that was left unclaimed. Just visit Bank of Canada and type in a full or partial name, choose a province and click the search button and voila!!

Check here to see if you have an unclaimed bank balance in Canada. To learn ore about unclaimed bank balances, visit The Bank of Canada website.

I searched and researched my name but no matter how hard I wished, I couldn't find an unclaimed balance in my name. Dang, I guess I'll have to save my money other ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment