Sunday, August 21, 2011

Shop Smart Using Sales Flyers, Coupons and Price Matching

My name is frugalite and I've recently been invited by the administrator of Freebies Deals And Rewards to share some of my shopping deals. I've been a member of the FDR forum since July 2010 and love, love love it! I've saved $1641.57 since joining the site last year through the money saving and coupon tips that I've learned. So, I'd like to share some of my shopping deals with you too!

I stopped in at Canadian Tire on Saturday and they were having a promotion called 'Money Maze' where I was able to score 2 free bags for a short survey. Yeah, they'll send me something in the mail but what's a quick phone call to be removed from their mailing list.


Next I went to Walmart and Dollarama to do some price matching and use some coupons of course. So let's break it down and see what I got. I used 2 of the save $5 when you buy any 3 Gillette products and price matched the Gillette Foamy Shave Gel at Rexall for only $1.49 each. So with the 6 cans that I purchased using the 2 coupons, I was paid $1.06 in overages. Yes. Walmart pays overages on coupons used over the face value of the product. Now, I would feel bad taking money and leaving the store, so I apply any overages I may get to other purchases. When I was putting my shopping cart in the corral, I noticed another cart had a can at the bottom. So I got another can for free!


I still had 2 of the coupon inserts to save $0.50 off any Campbell's products, so I purchases 2 cans of vegetable soup and used the 2 coupons, price matched from Rexall of $0.49 and was paid and overage of $0.02 of the 2 cans.


I also needed some laundry detergent and while it was not as hot of a deal as the rest of the items that I got so far, I had 2 coupons worth $3 each that came with samples of Zout by mail that I used. Plus I price matched No Frills for $4.99, so only paid $1.99 per bottle.

The next picture has another item from Walmart and a few items from Dollarama. The 2 bars of Dove soap was only $0.19 before taxes (after a price match and using a coupon). I used the save $1 off any Dove product found in the August P&G Brandsaver coupon insert and combined it with a price match for No Frills of $1.19. The Pine Sol was $1.25 at Dollarama and I was able to use a coupon to save $1 off the price (that I found on Websaver.ca) and the 3 Vileda Scrunge scrubbers were FREE with the $1 coupon found in a past coupon circular (I believe it was Red Plum).


In the August edition of the SmartSource coupon insert, there was a Mail-In-Rebate for Quantum Finish 20 count Dishwasher Detergent or any Finish Quantum product. While I had to put the cash out initially to purchase the Finish Powerballs, I've mailed my form and receipt with the UPC code indicated on the receipt and will receive a rebate cheque by mail in approximately 6 to 8 weeks for the cost of the product, taxes and postage...making this FREE!


Plus last week I was able to use a $3 print coupon for Cottonelle Bathroom Tissue in conjunction with the Shoppers Drug Mart sale of $4.99 and paid only $1.99 for 12 double rolls. Now I'm able to print at home and work, so I scored 2 coupons and purchased 2 different varieties.


I'm on a budget (not a very strict one) but I do have to watch the money that I spend. My coupon pile is semi-big and growing but with a large number of coupons at your fingertips you can save hundreds and even thousands on your everyday and household purchases. What were your best deals of the week?

2 comments:

  1. Good deals frugalite and thanks for sharing! I was able to redeem my Smartbread coupon worth $2 at SDM and paid only $0.29! :) Thanks again, I'd love to see more deals that you find too and I'm sure the readers would too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG frugalite. We also did some great savings yesterday at Walmart. We were able to price match on some Purex Laundry soap 96 washes Was 12 dollars at Walmart, but we had a advertisement for someone selling it for 10, and then we had a $3.00 off coupon.. Just getting into couponing, and the best ways to do it, and learning from FD&R.. Great site, and thankyou for teaching me..

    ReplyDelete