Sunday, September 4, 2011

Weekly Shop N Save Deals

I like to consider myself a frugal shopper who buys what they need...but sometimes there are deals out there that are just too good to pass up! The regular coupon users know what I'm talking about! With coupon usage and price matching opportunities, I picked up a couple of items that I would normally not purchase. But I have some family members who do, so not a waste. I price matched and used coupons for everything pictured at my local Wal-mart store.

  1. The relish is on special at Shoppers Drug Mart for $1.49 and I used a coupon for $0.75 and paid only $0.74 each. We don't use relish but our parents do, maybe we'll everyone a Christmas Hamper. Hmmm, that's an idea!
  2. The flavoured Clover Leaf tuna cans are $0.99 each at Shoppers Drug Mart and I had a coupon to save $1 when I purchased 3, so I paid only $0.66 per can.
  3. The Robax Platinum was a fantastic deal, they are on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $10.99. I was lucky enough to receive a $9 coupon from Diane Simon, thanks Shoppers Voice, I got this box for only $1.99 plus tax. Robax is going to be gifted to a parent as well!
  4. The Degree Deodorant for Men are on sale for $1.64 at Real Canadian Superstore, but I also had 3 insert coupons and paid only $0.64 per 85g.
  5. I had 2 P&G Brandsaver coupons left to save $1 off Secret Deodorant. On my last shop posted I paid $0.97 each (wish I'd waited), but today I paid $0.64 each after matching the Superstore and using the coupons.
  6. The Dove Nourishing Oil hair care line is something I haven't tried before, but the Freebies Deals And Rewards Coupon Club Organizer sent me a coupon to save $2 off the purchase, plus there is a printable coupon to save $2 out as well. I treated myself to a shampoo and a conditioner for only $0.99 per bottle.
  7. Lastly, I had 2 coupons to save $3 off Listerine Zero (any size) and since they are regularly priced at $3.37 at my Wal-Mart store, they were only $0.37 each.
After coupons and price matches, my pre-tax out of pocket (oop) cost was $11.37 but if I didn't use my coupons or utilize the price match guarantee, I would have paid $37.86 before any applicable taxes. So I'm pretty happy to save $26.49 on the items I could get with my coupon stash!

I'd love to hear other ways that people saved this week using coupons and price matches. If you have any questions about my shopping excursions, please leave a comment and I'll do my best to answer it for you!

Happy Labour Day everyone! Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment