Monday, January 9, 2012

Frugal Tip: Kleenex Hand Towels (Accidental Discovery)


Frugal Tip: Reuse your Kleenex Hand Towels

I've been reusing the used Kleenex hand towels for house cleaning to get extra use out of them. But over the weekend I washed a load of laundry and I must have had a few Kleenex hand towels in one of my clothes pockets. When I opened the dryer door there were a couple of cleaned and not ripped ortorn Kleenex hand towels.

They aren't as durable and I wouldn't suggest washing any ripped ones. But there is certainly more life left after one use. Next time I'm going to try putting the used Kleenex hand towels in a lingerie bag to wash them.

Here's what a Kleenex Hand Towel that has been washed and dried in our washing machines look like:
Another tip for the Kleenex hand towels: cut them in half for the little hands in your life! Thanks for reading, please feel free to leave comments below.

4 comments:

  1. Great tip! Some of the best discoveries are accidental! I like the idea of the lingerie bag (mesh zippered bag) to keep them together. Thank you for sharing frugalite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, great idea to wash them as they are certainly strong enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! Some great money saving tips. I recently started a blog for my family and friends. Please feel free to stop by and visit me. I am following you! http://tracyscouponexperiments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a sewing/altering business on the side. I’m up to my eyeballs in sewing for two weddings and Christmas gift sewing for others. On top of that, I’ve got all of my own Christmas sewing to do along with all the other holiday busyness. hand towels

    ReplyDelete